Saturday, May 13, 2006

Tennessee


Finally I have found a time of year to visit my mother when it is not oppressively hot or insanely cold. I'm a California girl, not used to these drastic weather changes! May in Clarksville is quite pleasing, and I think May will be the visiting month. Since it also just happens to have Mother's Day in it, that seals the deal.

Carol and Will and Aunt Nancy and mom picked me up at the airport yesterday, and we saw them again today at the movies. We went to see An American Haunting, about the Bell witch of Tennessee.. it turns out that this haunting happened just 11 miles from here. Mom said she spent the night in the house when she was 12, with a group of girl scouts. The movie would have you believe that the house is still standing, but it was torn down years ago. I enjoyed the movie, but there were some rude teenagers sitting behind us who were laughing at the scary parts. It killed the mood just a bit.

Mom and MacTavish are doing fine. Here's a picture of MacT, he's 12 years old, and does a lot of sleeping these days. He snores, too, but don't tell him that. He'd be embarrassed.

We're doing some knitting... well, I am. Mom says she doesn't like to knit unless it's January! I'll try to take some pictures that I can put up here tomorrow.

No comments: