We have a shortage of chairs at our house. This is bad, because we want to have music sessions and parties here on a regular basis. But instead of going out and buying a bunch of folding chairs, we are taking our time, and putting our creative juices to work.
I found four directors chairs at a garage sale. Here's a photo of one (I'm sitting in it.) You can see it's a bit worse for wear.
We found some bright red cotton duck fabric, and I made new covers for them. To strengthen the seams, I put an embroidery stitch all around in yellow.
My friends Earin and Dick generously helped me paint them. Here's Dick setting them up for the final coat of paint.
I spent most of the day Saturday out at Earin and Dick's place in Penn Valley. Earin was griping over Claude, a sweater that she has been working on for some time. I think it may be finished very soon.
She showed me the grapes and fruit trees she's growing. If she can beat the racoons to them she'll have a nice crop of Thompson's seedless this year.
Eye candy from Earin's porch.