Monday, May 22, 2006

The Bag

Well, I just had to start it last night. There seems to be something magical about starting a new project. Nevermind that I have four others that aren't finished yet. No, I won't abandon them, but I have been waiting to start this one and I just didn't want to wait anymore! And there is also something wonderful about using size 10.5 needles, after using size 1s. It's so gratifying, how quickly I see progress with the project.

This is a felted entrelac bag, that I will use to carry my other knitting projects. I have made felted things before, but I have not made anything with the entrelac technique. We shall see how I do following a pattern! I tend to jump into things before I know what's what, luckily I know people I can go to for help if I get into trouble.

The holes you see are there for the cord to knot through. Everything will tighten up nicely when this is felted, it will be very dense, and a lot smaller. This will be my sock-project bag.

I have some more yarn on order, I changed the colors from the original design, and I don't like my choice for the white. So the daffodil yarn will probably be replaced when I get the other yarn. I figure I can make felted slippers with the leftovers from this project!

Here's a closeup of the bag as it will be, taken from the picture on the pattern. My camera made a mess of the colors, and I can't focus very well up close, but you can get a general idea.


3 comments:

Earin Marybird said...

I don't know the technique so I shall have to hear more about how it turns out. I've never felted. I did just join a coop for yarn etc.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8969738&uid=3701507

Check it out!

I love to start new projects but always feel a little guilty. So easy to start, so hard to finish!

Sharon said...

I know exactly what you mean. Since this makes a fifth WIP, I have no business starting any more. But I've been planning to do this for so long. Sigh.

I will show the finished projects on the blog. As soon as they ARE finished.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»