Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sales and Socklets

Yesterday my friend Anne held a Craft Sale at her home. There were seven or eight vendors selling their wares. I brought scarves crocheted by my daughter, Magda. These are all beautiful scarves, but the shoppers weren't interested in scarves. What do they know?

I like the ones with the pockets.


Janet and I provided entertainment for the crowds. We wore similar colors, purely by accident. The customers seemed to enjoy the music. Anne will probably do this again in December. Maybe we should set out a tip jar next time!


I finished the secret project. I'll post them here... the sock-lets! I'm going to give them to my friend Meredith tonight. She's a flip-flop girl, and these socks are specially for wearing with flip-flops. I may make a pair for myself, because The only reason I don't wear flip-flops is because I don't like the way they feel between my toes.

I found a great project for the sari silk. I crocheted this little bag with a size F hook. It's quite dense, perfect for a little purse, I think. The multi colored silk has a lot of shine, it's very pretty. I had this half finished at the Craft Sale, and it got a lot of attention. I'm going to give some skeins to Magda.


I sewed a zipper into the top of the bag by hand. This picture is blurry, but you get the idea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Magda's scarves look really neat! Is that a turquoise one in the lower left? I think I want it. How much is it? And which ones have pockets?
Love,
Gramma

Anonymous said...

And oh, your socklets look better than the ones I made. Lucky person who got them!

Earin Marybird said...

I do like the socklets - they are so cute! The bag is a great size and just right with the sari silk.

It was so nice to see you today with Jaya at your new house! I know it will be a while if/when you move but having you within a half hour drive rather than two is such a nice thought.