Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Dinner

Jaya and I had a quiet Thanksgiving this year, just the two of us. Magda and Andrew had other plans. Our non-traditional Thanksgiving meal was excellent. Jaya has been studying his videos from America's Test Kitchen, and this is the holiday meal he prepared:

We had Prime Rib, Potatoes Anna and Green Beans.
Everything was absolutely delicious!


I also opened one of my birthday presents, a bottle of Scharffenberger champagne from Meg and Kevin. Wow, it was delicious too!

The potatoes were crispy on the outside, and creamy soft on the inside. We had the heat up too high at first, so they are a little darker here than on the show, but they were still fabulous.


The Green Beans were cooked for four minutes, then put into icewater. When it was time to serve them, they were sauteed with some butter and salt and pepper. They were perfect.






The Prime Rib was aged in the fridge for 5 days. Then it was trimmed, and slow cooked for 3 hours.

Jaya is going to turn into a master chef before long. I have no problem with that!

We cooked, watched movies and ate. And I completely redid my computer... wiped the harddrive and installed Tiger and all the software I need to work from home. Getting ready!

No comments: