Monday, October 30, 2006

Presents and a Visit

News Flash!
The pictures from the birthday party are posted. They were taken by photographer Zabi Towfique. I am going to have a lovely book printed of them, but I have to spend some time figuring out exactly what I want!

I got a box in the mail last week, from my mom! She sent these slippers, modeled by Jaya. They are a little large for me, but they fit him perfectly. I asked him what he thought of them, and he looked at me, smiled, and said, "Very gay." Apparently that's not a bad thing, because he likes wearing them! The yarn is by Regia, colorway is Crazy Electra. It's wool, but very stretchy stuff. I bought some to make some Short Toed Socklets for a friend of mine. I won't say who in case she's reading!
The other knitted item mom sent was a mystery at first. Then we figured out it was an ice cream cozy, made to fit perfectly on a quart of Hagen Daaz (the only ice cream Jaya will eat!) Here are Jaya, Marilyn and Dean in their usual positions, enjoying the evening.

The weekend of October 21st, I went up to Penn Valley to visit my friend Earin, her husband Dick, and their menagerie of dog (Omar) and cats (Otis, Ollie and Opie....oh, I forget if that's right. Forgive me, Earin if I messed up your pet's names!) Earin already wrote about our visit in her blog, I'm a bit behind!

When I arrived, Earin was not at the house. I drove over to the park to meet her where she was walking Omar. What a cute couple they make!

Here's Earin with hubby, Dick. Another cute couple! Dick took us all out for Thai food that evening. What a nice treat.
Here's me with Earin. We've known each other since college days. That means about thirty years. The friendship has weathered a few minor rainy patches, but we still have fun together. We spend lots of time knitting on this visit. Then we went to a YARN store!

Here's Earin, looking over the book selection at Fibers, in Grass Valley. I found a book of shawl patterns that I bought. I have to do something with all that Sari Silk!

After shopping, we went to tea in Nevada City at Shaw's Antiques and Top Floor Tea Room. It was delightful. I had a lovely salad, Golden Hunann Tea, and rasberry tart for dessert!

3 comments:

Earin Marybird said...

I certainly had a lot of fun when you came to visit! I love Jaya's new slippers too!

With your new house in Auburn I hope we have many more visits for years and years to come. It was so wonderful to sit up late knitting up a storm.

Anonymous said...

The slippers look GOOD on Jaya! and I am glad you figured out what the ice cream cosy was for. I thought it would be obvious. (Would be to anyone who loves ice cream?)
The pictures are great. Jaya and the cats. Sweet Earin and her handsome husband. And YOU, too.
Love to you all.

Anonymous said...

Great BLOG. and Thanks for the birthday card. You are the ONLY one who remembered.