Thursday, October 05, 2006

More Stash


Here's more of the stash. I guess my oldest unfinished textile project is this blanket. I started it before Nora, my niece, was born. That was quite a while ago. At least six years. I've lost count. It's crocheted in broomstick lace. That's a size 50 knitting needle that you crochet around, and it leaves the lacy loops. Well. It is hopelessly uneven. The yarn is acrylic, but it's soft and nice. It would make a sweet little sweater. If I ever manage to MAKE a sweater.

The squiggle scarf up there isn't quite finished, either. But I wanted to wear it when I was in Florida, so I pinned up the stitches and stuffed the extra yarn into my bra. It worked just fine, but I never did finish it. How many projects are worn BEFORE they are finished?

I want to think of a good progect for the red wool/cotton/linen yarn. I have about 900 yards. What can I make with that? I'm thinking maybe a tank top. That apricot colored spool of yarn was in a bargain bin for $4. It's fine, laceweight, I guess. But it wasn't marked, so I'm not sure what it is. It was with some nice yarn, though. There is a lot of it, I could make a shawl with it.

I've started the Irish Cable scarf as you can see. Actually, I started it again on larger needles. I can't decide which to knit it on. I have it on 8s and on 10.5s. They both look good. I guess I'll knit up a few more inches on each before I decide.

FLASH!!! Party pictures are here. I have them. There are some gems. I will post soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i for one can't wait to see that Manos turn into the scarf. I think its gorgeous! how did you get so much stash in so shor a time? You have more than I do! Course, after we go to Stitches, that won't be true.

Meredith

Earin Marybird said...

I hope you come up with a good project for the W/C/L blend. I fingered some linen a while back and it seemed very stiff to me. How does it feel? Nice stash!