Thursday, July 13, 2006

ANOTHER new project

This silk twisted wonder yarn I got on Ebay has been calling to me. And the loopy mohair came, too. So I looked through all my books and magazines, and I found this pattern. I am thinking if It fits at all, I'm going to love to wear it. And it seems to be quite forgiving size-wise. So here I go:



It is knitting up soft. Mostly purple in appearance with every other color in the rainbow showing through. Jewel tones. I'm excited. And it's kntting on size 10 1/2 needles.. shouldn't take forever. I'll keep you posted!



I didn't have time to post this picture from our last session here. Jaya and Jason both do marial arts. At some point during the evening, Jaya stood on one leg while playing a tune. Not to be outdone, Jason stood up and joined him. I couldn't compete in THIS arena, but I COULD snap a picture!



Last weekend, the Dunsmuir House Scottish Games were held. I went on Saturday to man the session tent, only to arrive and find... No tent! My friend Vic Entriken has been arranging this session for the past several years, and he's tired. We had a circle of chairs under the trees. This was not the best, but we did have a lively session, at least for part of the day.

Our neighbor, the stone carver, decided to take a nap. The music must have been soothing, because he was out for a couple hours!



On the way out, I stopped to see Molly's Revenge. I bought their new CD, Raise the Rafters.


Here's David Brewer in his element. I did a motion blur in the background, so it really looks like he does, running around on stage. He jumped off the stage at one point, playing his pipes. This kind of energy is what Celtic music is all about.

2 comments:

Earin Marybird said...

My goodness, how do you do a motion blur? It looks wonderful! Molly's Revenge is such a high energy band. Can't tell enough yet about your knitting project but I like the pattern a lot. I have been thinking that I would like to find a store that carries something similar - a shrug of some sort to see if the style suits me. (I have this rack you see and not all styles work.)

Your photos are great! Blog more!

Sharon said...

It's all about time. Sigh. In October, when the magazine is off to press, I will have more time. I'm going to post a picture of my workstation here, so everyone can see the desk I'm chained to!

Motion blur.. you just have to select the background first.. that's the tricky and time consuming part. Then just apply the motion blur filter in Photoshop.