Friday, June 16, 2006

In Memory of Sid

Two days ago, our dear friend Sid was killed by a car. He lived with Janet and Jeff since May of 2003, before that he lived with me in Hayward since Mothers Day, 1999. He came to me from Alison, with whom he had spent a year in San Francisco. Alison got him from the SPCA when he was five. He was extremely wary of people then, especially men. But he became much more trusting with time.

Sid was a gorgeous animal, with a regal bearing. He was a good companion. The only annoying habit he had was a loud meow, which he used when he wished to go outside, which was frequently. Sid enjoyed attention, and loved to be combed. He was the best company.

He will be missed.

Please add a comment at the bottom of this post, to share memories of Sid.

Sid with Janet and Jeff



Sid and Jeff




Sid in the Fiddle Case

One of Sid's favorite places. If my fiddle case was open and available, Sid would curl up in it.


Sid on the Piano

I have another picture somewhere of Sid sitting on the piano resting his chin on the edge. He loved to rest his chin on wood.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sid was the first cat to ever actually like me. Dean I think was the second... but every other cat I've known has been in some way against me.... I think its because I try to pay too much attention to them at the wrong times... and not enough when they want it... either that, or Magda's always there showing me up. Darn animal magnatism...

So here's to Sid!

Earin Marybird said...

I loved Sid. We had many a great cuddle and pets. He was a great cat. What a sad passing. He had wonderful eyes and a great pelt. You could really sink your fingers into him and have a grand time.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Sid. :( It's always sad to loose a friend. I never knew Sid very well, but I know the pain that comes from loss.

Anonymous said...

Jeff and I cannot begin to tell you what Sid the Cat brought to our lives. We grew together as a couple with Sid. The photo you posted of the three of us, taken at least three years ago turned out to be a prediction of what our "family" was going to look like. We really, really miss "our boy." Thank you for sharing your photos, webspace and Sid's love with us.

Anonymous said...

I got to know Sid as a neighbor and a friend of Janet and Jeff. What a wonderful, gentlemanly cat! Mr. Sid was a class act all the way - and I could always tell that he knew how lucky he was to have found such a great home with J. and J. He was very adaptable, and he seemed to be able to make himself at home wherever he was. Here's to you, Mr. Sid!

Anonymous said...

Sid looks like he was such a good, loving kitty who brought great joy to the lives he shared. What fantastic photos you've shared with us. Rest well, Sid.