Monday, June 05, 2006

Another Packed Weekend

This weekend was another fun-filled time... first, Jaya and I went down to San Jose to deliver the Daewoo to Melanie. We had a nice visit, and lunch across the street at Alberto's. Then we drove over to Guitar Center to get me AMPLIFIED!

I'm playing fiddle in the Pride Parade for the White Rats on June 25. It's hard to hear the music over all the parade noise, and we've always used these little tiny amplifiers. But I didn't have one of my own, and the tiny ones aren't a whole lot better than nothing. So I went shopping.

I almost bought another little fender amp like the ones Lee has. But when Jaya heard it, he said my fiddle was drowning out what was coming out of the amp! So I went for the BIG one! Granted, this isn't exactly a large amp. But I have to CARRY it through the parade, and it's 10 times bigger than the little Fender. I got a nice padded strap for it, and a cord that plugs into my fiddle pickup. I am SET.

Saturday night we went out drinking and dining with folks from work. Lisa is leaving us, so this was kindof a goodbye dinner. Meredith and Lisa both took the DRINKING part seriously, having 4 martinis and 3 margaritas respectively.



Sunday we went to Connie Doolan's house concert. She was excellent. At the break, when I told her it was going well, she said, "When I look out and see you, I think about my posture and my breath!" I've been her student for a couple months, and we're working on that with me.


This little girl just couldn't stay awake. Connie teaches kids, and I don't know for sure if this is one of her students, or the daughter of a friend, but she was just too sweet for me not to snap her photo. They're all angelic in sleep, aren't they?


After the concert we went to the movies. Our choices were: Thank you for Smoking, or RV (Robin Williams). We saw RV. It was cute, a little like the Chevy Chase vacation movies, but I prefer Robin William to Chevy Chase, so I enjoyed it.

And then we went to the Tango! There sure are a significant number of people who can really do the Argentine Tango. I was impressed. Jaya and I danced, and we had fun, but we're still working out how to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I'd love to hear you amplified! I love this 'blog' thing, the words are great and the pictures are splendid. Those are very long fun-filled days you describe. imagine having the energy to do the tango. Ah, sweet youth. (I do love to watch the tango and once upon a time had some experience with it myself)

Anonymous said...

There is a wonderful foreign movie about the tango... i forget the name of it.