Monday, January 01, 2007

The Auburn house becomes a Home

Slowly we are turning the house into a home. Here's the bedroom. There's not much in the bookcase yet. Because all those boxes are still in the big room, waiting to be unpacked!

We decided, that since we are using the big room for live music and dancing, we would put the E-NOR-MOUS home theatre in the master bedroom. There's plenty of room for it back there, and it's nice to snuggle in bed and watch a movie.

If I'm too tired to stay awake, it's more comfortable to fall asleep there than on the couch. I do need some large pillows to use in here, to make sitting up in bed more practical, and staying awake a little more possible!

However, purchases are going to have to wait awhile. Moving expenses were substantial, so we'll have to fill in the extra's gradually.

Our big room is still crowded with boxes. We did not get it cleared out this weekend as planned. But we did get the office set up.

There is too much furniture in the office right now. But we are moving some out to the massage room as soon as we rent a hand truck.


And the kitchen is all unpacked and even semi-organized. At least the part where the pots and pans go. The pantry is still quite haphazard... I will need to spend several hours getting that in shape. But it's big enough that I can still find what I need, mostly. I made cookies today and it took me ten minutes to locate the brown sugar!



It's fun cooking in the kitchen, but it is a bit spread out. Not that I'm complaining, but I haven't found the most efficient way to do things yet.

1 comment:

Earin Marybird said...

It takes a while to learn the flow of a new place but it will happen. Your new home is so lovely and having you closer is wonderful!