Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Knitting Update

Boot Socks



These are the boot socks, a free pattern from knitpicks. I am knitting them in Swish Superwash, which is suprisingly soft. I may use it for the Arwen sweater. The colors shown here are Dublin and Light Coral. The pattern teaches the two circular needle technique, but I mistakenly ordered the wrong size needles. So I am knitting them in the magic loop technique. I want to try the two circular needle technique on another pair, so it's good I have these instructions.




So, remember the shrug? I had it sitting in a bag all this time. I finally got an inspiration. I'm making a Waterfall Shawl. It starts by casting on with waste yarn. Then you knit in garter stitch for 70 inches (I'm not sure I'll make it that long, we'll see). And then you drop stitches, so it turns into a lacy shawl, see the page below from Ponchos & Wraps-a Knitter's dozen.


And finally, the Ming Scarf is done! My friend Karen and I went to ArtFibers store in San Francisco a few months ago, and I bought 2 balls of Ming, 50% silk, 50% extrafine merino wool. I couldn't invest in more than that, and I thought it would make a lovely scarf. I think it did! I used a basketweave stitch. Simple, but very elegant.


I started the scarf on the plane to Florida.



I had this much done on the trip home. I drew an arrow along the folds so you can see how long it is.

3 comments:

Helenmarie said...

I wish I could get the pictures here. Can't get them to come up. just little boxes with x's in them. That is happening on my blog too.

You are an amazine (and speedy) knitter! You have finished so many projects in the time it has taken me to do one pair of socks!

Helenmarie said...

I wish I could get the pictures here. Can't get them to come up. just little boxes with x's in them. That is happening on my blog too.

You are an amazine (and speedy) knitter! You have finished so many projects in the time it has taken me to do one pair of socks!

Anonymous said...

I love the scarf you did on the plane....very nice.