Friday, August 18, 2006

The Shrug

I last posted on the shrug on July 13, and it's really coming along. I had to change to size 15 needles, the 10-1/2s were not giving me guage. It's much looser and nicer now.

The recycled sari silk and the purple mohair are knitting up quite nicely. The ribbing is done with pink angora goat wool, and the purple mohair.


As you can see below, I have completed all the pieces except the second sleeve. When that's finished, I can sew it together, and then another 5 inches of ribbing gets knit all around the front, neck and back.


It's exciting to see this project develop. I have no way of knowing if I'm going to like this on my body until it's finished, but I am enjoying the process. It will either be a great favorite or an utter failure.

If if fails, I can always frog it and try again, I guess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Is it soft?

Sharon said...

It's pretty soft, yes, the mohair makes it fuzzy, too. And the knit is loose, so it should drape nicely.